Tale of a Big-Boned Gal

Story of a woman undergoing gastric bypass surgery.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Stage Fright

"See the man with the stage fright
Just standin' up there to give it all his might.
And he got caught in the spotlight,
But when we get to the end
He wants to start all over again."
- Bob Dylan (1974)


So it's Monday night and I'm getting ready to board several airplanes and fly to Austin Texas to spend Thanksgiving with my wonderful friends Kenny and Jill. My friends Mitch and Laura and Greg are also coming from Denver. I'm guessing that Lynn and Dan will be there too. So what's the problem? What's bugging you, Annette you ask?

Well, it's almost like getting stage fright.

I've been planning this and playing it over in my head ever since I had the initial surgery in May. I'll get off the plane and come down the escalator and they will all be so surprised to see me! I look different now. What will I wear? What will I say? What will my friends say? Will they treat me differently? Will I act different? How have I changed?

I know I'm just worried about nothing because my friends are 100% supportive. They have given me great feedback on this blog and in my life. I know nothing will change and they will always be there for me as I am for them.

I have alot to be thankful for this year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember your first trip on an air plane and how you needed an extender? You got through fine with the help of your seatmate - no not me the other guy. :_)
am sure this will be a more comfortable trip. Congrats on your work here, girl!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto (as mick said);
You deserve a big congratulations
for all your hard work.
Replace that stage fright with
well-deserved pride!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home