Tale of a Big-Boned Gal

Story of a woman undergoing gastric bypass surgery.

Friday, June 16, 2006

iNette

Sorry about my absence. I bought an iPod and my whole world changed.

That's right, I'm just like Judy Jetson now. I have all my music (and some of my photos!) all right there on my little iPod. I have officially moved into the 21st Century. I even have an iTrip modulator and 2 (count them, two) sets of earphones. One for walking and a nice Sony set for listening at home. So how do you like me now?

The real reason I got the iPod was so that I could listen to music while I exercize. Of course, um, there's that little problem of me not starting my exercize routine yet. I know, I know, it's an important part of the whole process, but I just get so tired still. I walk around alot, like Wal-Mart, Target, and the mall, but it makes me tired and it's just so hard to start a new routine.

I'm hopeful though, that soon I'll be able to start some aerobics. Well, maybe some yoga and pilates first. Then maybe some weight training. I just need to sit down and write a plan to do that.

For those of you who are keeping track I have lost 40 pounds so far. It's weird because I'm not even trying! I eat little meals and then I lose weight! It's like a miracle. I know that this will only last for a while, but I don't really feel hunger and I always stop eating before I get the full stomach feeling. Just like the doctor said to do. I feel better, I haven't taken any blood pressure or diabetes meds since the surgery. My scheduled checkups are going well, and next week I'm asking the doctor when I can go back to work (UGH). It's all happening and it's working and coming true. I'm living in a fairy tale (for a while yet at least).

The whole emotional eating thing had only gotten to me a couple of times. My niece Katie was over last week and ate 2 turkey sandwiches and barbecued potato chips. It didn't really bother me because I wasn't hungry, but it did bother me because I used to be able to eat barbecued potato chips. In fact, I could eat a whole bag of them if I wanted to. But I can't now. I don't know why it bothered me like it did. I have since gotten over it. I realize that I don't need to eat those things and I certainly don't need to eat as much as I used to. I stopped eating sugar and it didn't kill me. I eat low-fat things and I still enjoy the flavors. I still love to cook and have been for Anita and Eric.

I'm going to make it and I know that I can because I finally know who I am. I used to be a big, fat stereo filled with CD's, records, and DVD's and soon I'll be everything I was and more but just wrapped in a smaller package. iNette. I like that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Netto said...

Mitch,
I have deleted some of the bits I don't want.. Unfortunately, it's just the physical bits. All the psychotic bits are still there...

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cool how you got yourself into that little screen. And you got a black one too. I am soooooo jealous.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home