Tale of a Big-Boned Gal

Story of a woman undergoing gastric bypass surgery.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mmmm, Misty Rose...

I received a lovely Christmas gift from my sister, Anita of a shower gel, perfume and lotion. It's a lovely gift. So tonight when I went to take a shower (I have a job interview tomorrow so I have to get up EARLY), I decided I'd like to try the shower gel. Of course I didn't decide this until I was already naked and in the shower. So I reach out and grab the tube of gel from the shelf.

Now, I think that stores should have a special section just for adults who have a problem with child-proof caps and what-not. They should be able to sell just a bottle of soap that you take the top off and you're ready to go. Unfortunately, I am not in charge of these sorts of decisions.

So I'm trying to get the damn bottle open, and there's a shrink wrap seal around the lid. Now, my Mom taught me by example that if you don't have a pair of scissors or a knife, it's okay, just use your teeth. That's the way we did things on the farm. So I start biting this plastic wrapping and things get a little out of hand and slippery and, well, the lid came off and I squirted about a tablespoon or better of liquid Misty Rose soap right into my mouth.


So I'm spitting the stuff out and cussing and I figured I'd just rinse with the shower. So I stuck the hand held shower into my mouth and my mouth foamed for about ten minutes straight.

Now, I have never had my mouth washed out with soap, but I can tell you that it is not a very pleasant experience. And even though the soap was a pretty pink color and smelled very nice, it tasted like crap.

So here's the moral of the story:
1. Don't wait until you're in the shower to open any bottles or tubes.
2. Don't try to open things with your teeth unless it's a life or death situation.
3. If you have children, PLEASE don't make them wash their mouths out with soap. Just live with the swearing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Young Lady said...

ohhh poor you, lol, sorry but it was funny

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home